Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Family Trials

The end of 2008 and the start of 2009 are among the very hard times to our family. In this spawn of time, we experienced a very tragic and life threatening situations. Our trials have come very rapidly that it overlaps with each other.

To start with, in my birthplace at Kalamansig, Sultan Kudarat, my relatives are caught in an armed conflict between the rebels and the arm forces of the Philippines. We are so worried about their situation for they always inform us via SMS that the gunfires are drawing nearer. Due to the increasing economic crisis not only in the Philippines, the companies which my father worked have also experience this hard time. He was forced to leave his position and in the 19th of December my father was unemployed. Aside from that, last December 26, 2008, my cousin was rushed into the hospital and eventually died because of seizure. The whole Murillo and Lee clan was shocked with the news that they’ve heard. Who would have thought that a good 26 year old, family loving, and very funny man would just passed away in just an instant. After the death of my cousin, there was an emergency from Kalamansig which is about my grandfather which is the father of my mother. He was said to be rushed to the hospital because he’s vomit is accompanied with blood. The only thing we can do is to provide financial support for his hospitalization. While my grandfather was in the provincial hospital at the Kalamansig, the armed conflict ignites again. At the second night of his stay at the hospital, the electricity source of the town was bombed by the rebels and the whole town including the hospital was covered in darkness. Because of that, my relatives decided to prematurely discharge my grandfather from the hospital for the reason that the medical staffs and doctors have evacuated for they have felt that the shootings are near the area. Luckily, my grandfather survived the situation and have recovered, and eventually returned to his drinking habit. And after the burial of my cousin, just a week after that, here comes a very big trial for my own family. And the main reason is me. I was admitted to the hospital due to severe abdominal pain, vomiting and LBM. After a day of observation and series of test, my doctor told me that I have amoeba in my system that is why I have LBM. The other thing is that the severe pain was caused by appendicitis which was diagnosed by my surgeon which was also referred by my other doctor. My appendix was said to be ruptured so the surgery cost higher than the usual and the time of hospitalization is longer because of amoeba treatment. Aside from that, we do not have enough money to pay for all the bills, so we borrowed money from my fathers company and other relatives. The other thing is that the medical assistance which is the Philhealth of my father was not fully paid by the company he is employed. So my father rushed to go back home from Zamboanga to Davao city to fix the problem we are facing, mainly financially.

I was away from my regular routine for 8 days due to my condition, and I don’t know when will I recover fully but still I am grateful. I am very grateful for all the help, sympathy and every possible thing that come to us, to our family. Even though we are now having so many debts because of me, I am still thankful. Thankful because God still made our family safe and united despite the problems we have. Even in the midst of our trials, we just stayed faithful that our Lord up high will help us in any possible way.

Thanks everyone.

12 comments:

Amelia said...

Hello there!

things will gonna be fine after all those difficult things happened to you and your family.just remained faithful to your faith and keep the hope...God bless you and your family!

am also praying that the "war" in Mindanao will come to end...

Etz Thonio said...

..molabay lang na john, tanan man naga-agi og mga trials..

huna-huna pako saq e-post...

J said...

nothing's ever easy in life. what matters is how you surpass the trials that come to you.

Ronie Q. Biloy said...

Trials are a necessity of life. The reason is because we are living in a moral world where good and evil exists. Furthermore, man is a moral being. He must continuously choose between right or wrong. In this process of choosing, one’s true character is tried.
This is the path the weak usually tread. But the strong dare to “got against the tide”.
You do not own all the trials in the world, some of them john are mine...so better share..jeje
Maybe those things happening to you is a test for your faith unto God.And don't forget that not all the time you experience those trial, someday you know that everything has a reason just keep on believing that God is always our side...
And by the way,one of the most trial that you must surpass is to defeat the darian's team in dota. And by the help of me(ronie) you will become the happiest man on bropos that commit victory because of me. tc

Anonymous said...

my condolences..

just lift everything to God..there's a purpose for everything that happened to you and tour relatives..there's a rainbow always after the rain, and a pot of gold as well, hehehe..

get well soon..

_jeLai_

Anonymous said...

manong..

aw basta kay ayaw lang paghuna.huna na pinakaworst na ang nahitabo sa inyoha..

always think positive, hopeful, calm and blessed while facing serious troubles in life..

and be happy coz out of all the people in the world, God chose you to carry these troubles.. God may have thought that among evrybody you are the strongest..

and stay jolly and happy! u are not alone! :)

and learn from it, you can only protect your family when you are healthy.. so take care next time.. :) chao!

Anonymous said...

Your cousin's death was really unfortunate.Its really a sad fact that even in this 21st century wars are still happening in many parts of the world...What ever reason those people may fight,they should understand that non violent struggle is more powerful than violent means...

I hope the war ends quickly,and get well soon :)

Anonymous said...

hi good going friend

do comment my blog too


Regards,
Gmaxxx
http://gmaxxx.blogspot.com
http://gmaxxxwallhome.blogspot.com

Thoza Moss said...

Wow, that's intense!
I know its not much, but i'm sure things will start looking up. as so many people have already commented, trials if we survive them can only make us stronger. It is true - but i've come to believe that its not necessarily a strength but a new insight. and with new insight comes new knowledge. Martin Luther King said 'knowledge plus imagination can open portals to the mind that no mere man can comprehend' I hope you find this as you come to realise that your trials give you a unique perception.
stay strong.

rejserenity said...

haiz.. mkakakraos dn tau.. have faith in God.^^ remember jaCoB-one of the character in the Bible.. i know ur not jaCob., but realize how great the life after his trials..

snage said...

john? bsta trust in the Lord.... he never forsakes and leave us...

be strong, u have us.... GOGOGO John..

Mr. Wilson said...

Thanks Guys..