Monday, December 15, 2008

Reflection

I think, therefore I exist.

We came to the world equip with the ability to think. This ability is one of the most significant features a human being has. The ability to think enables us to deal with our daily lives accordingly, and it makes our lives productive. We’ve been dealing with this for so many years, but when Mr. Randy S. Gamboa introduce the phrase “I think, therefore I exist”, I come to asked myself. “Do I really exist or am I really thinking?” In times of confusion, I have thought of so many things in life that I have done. Yes, I am thinking, and I’m sure everybody is. And yes I exist, because I can feel the interaction of the world to me and me to the world. Knowing these things makes me sure that I do think, and therefore I exist.

But there are times that I feel I am useless. I know what to do, but still I have not done it. I know what the right thing is, but still I did not follow it. Yes, literally I think, and I exist. But sometimes, I do not think. Therefore, I also do not exist. Since everything we do start with our minds, we can say that every little thing we do starts when we think, when we use our minds. But that’s only the start, a something, for it to be done needs an action and not just thinking. In order to do something, we need to materialize the thinks we are thinking. Anticipating and balancing all the factors that affects to what we are doing.

18 comments:

rejserenity said...

yah.. tma jud.! our existence means also on how we interact with our environment.. not just living with our own.^^

Etz Thonio said...

reflecting to "i think therefore i exist" is such a great to do coz u'll be realized how far ur existence in this world has been utilized..

glaiglay said...

love that..me to the world and world to me..?love it!

marco said...

be recognize, then you exist!

Kalile ♥ said...

agree with glayra, "me to the world and world to me". ^__________^ smile rin! =D

Lyn said...

Hello... Hehehe you look like my scousin. Well.. LOL Just keep going my friend.

The Rice Creator said...

wah... I truly love this words.
Cogito Ergo Sum

April said...

I think, we are all existing, and I hope that we will not just limit our thinking, thinking for our own good/ self. let's also think for others.
hehe..

Unknown said...

1.)But, could we exist without thinking? Yes or No?
2.)Could I conclude " I exist, therefore I think"?
3.)Is thinking the basis of existence of human being? Meaning u exist only because of ur mind?
Beler jud ni c Rene Decartes oi
"I think, therefore I am"

"Rene Decartes is beler, therefore he is noob"
Note: see my comment on april's blog hehehe

veryheaven said...

very wonderful musing! sincerely, VH

iori_user18 said...

@Ronald Morata...
u have a poit dong.. jejeje

Amelia said...

Hi there! things are "mind over matter". everything starts and ends in the power of our mind.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts, keep thinking. i like philosophy.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what Diamondmum said, things are really mind over matter.. The things that naturally comes out is due to what we think..

Mr. Wilson said...

how nice of you all..thankz..

Anonymous said...

This is very philosophical. I like reading blogs that make me think!

Anonymous said...

I certainly agree with that quote.

But if you don't think, do you still exist? As harsh as this sounds, my mother used to complain to me that raising a severely mentally retarded child was pointless; he/she couldn't think, couldn't feel, couldn't respond to your love. I was shocked by her rash thoughts, and they've stayed with me ever since. (and yes, she was quite taken aback when Ms. Palin said that her Down Syndrome son was a "perfect little boy.")

Nice blog!

ishani said...

Nice blog.Useful information